- Also known as Truck Mats, Swamp Mats and 3Ply Laminated Mats.
- Very cost-effective per square foot.
- Common sizes readily available in 8’x14′ & 8’x16′.
- New Mats, used mats, rental mats and purchase and buyback programs available
Laminated Mats are similar to Crane Mats in that they’re well-suited for use as construction platforms or temporary roads, especially for lighter loads like trucks or other rubber-tire vehicles. But unlike Crane Mats, Laminated Mats are designed to be lighter and more maneuverable which in many cases can generate big savings over time. They also offer a number of other features that make Laminated Mats one of the most versatile ground covering solutions on the market:
Also known as Access Mats, Road Mats, Swamp Mats, Truck Mats, or 3-Ply Mats, Laminated Mats are loaded with features many construction firms find they can’t live without.
- 3-Ply laminated design makes these mats more durable than standard wood mats, especially when subjected to wet conditions.
- Bolted Mats are made with Zinc Plated Carriage Bolts which are all countersunk.
- Mats are trimmed flush and square.
- If needed, optional lifting cables and chains can be added.
- Standard sizes readily available in 6”x8’x14’ and 6”x8’x16’ but upon request, custom sizes and features such as lifting devices and interlocking fingers are also available.
Benefits of Using Laminated Mats over 8” Crane Mats
There are a number of matting solutions available on the market and as a result, some buyers have trouble choosing the right mat for their needs. While Laminated Mats and Crane Mats might be similar in many ways, Laminated Mats have several clear advantages that make them the superior choices:
- The Laminated Mat has been around longer than other mat type and is tried and true and here to stay.
- These mats are used in almost all applications, including but not limited to, temporary road access, pipeline construction, transmission line construction, wind farm construction, oil and gas exploration work, environmental remediation, logging, bridge building and more.
- Very effective for all types of equipment needing access to all varieties of job site locations.
- They are useful for creating staging areas and road turnouts
- Laminated Mats traditionally stand alone as the cost-effective mat per usable square foot.
- Because of their light weight, Laminated Mats can produce 30% to 65% savings of freight costs.
- The Laminated Mat design also makes installation and extraction much easier, resulting in 50% savings on labor costs.
No matter where they’re used, Laminated Mats protect sensitive environmental areas from the damage that often comes from heavy vehicle use. Whether it’s wetlands, permafrost, or sand, these mats will keep the site pristine.
Contact Us Today
If Laminated Mats sound the solution to your site problems, we’d love to chat. Our Matting Experts are available anytime to talk about your project and design a system that will accomplish your goals and mind your budget. Just call (888) 543-MATS for more information.
When you call, make sure to ask about our rental and buy back program, which can be a cost-effective solution for many projects. And because we want to be your one-stop shop for every matting need, Industrial Matting also offers Mat Installation and Removal services. Call us today and we’ll get started.